Tuesday, June 02, 2009

"Day 1" of the Samantha Blog Challenge (SBC)

I think I should get a "pass" for yesterday's post since I had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day (I argue even worse than in the book), but since it was the first day of the challenge I feel like I need to do something.

For anyone reading who is not also reading "Oh Drat!" the Adventures of Princess Bruise-y Knees and Adorable Baby Sister (or something like that), Samantha has thrown the gauntlet to post everyday for the month of June. I am evidently crazy enough to think I can do this, and have taken up the challenge.

I would like to petition that I am still in this as of this explanatory post. That and I am not even clear on if there are any "rules." Let's hope not -- even though I do respond well to some degree of structure....

Evidently it is peony season, as they have made their annual return to Trader Joe's. My mom got them when I was sick and I still remember that batch. They get HUGE and are amazing to watch over the course of three or so days. Believe it or not they all start the same color; as they get older the color fades out. These are going from dark pink to almost white. These are the last three of the bunch I got and it was a great surprise to find that O had taken their picture.
If I had to predict, I'd say there will be more than one flower entry this month and likely some long overdue knitting posts. I will try not to drag my life-and-career-drama into this space, but I can't promise anything.

To the June Challenge Taker Uppers, see you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Brandy said...

i love you, sarah. in fact, your craziness in taking up this challenge inspired me to throw my hat in the ring at the last second :) and *hello* (insert valley girl voice), i TOTALLY want to hear about your life and career drama--what better space, since we see each other so rarely?! if i had to predict how i'll fill future entries, there will likely be more about my cooking endeavors, since i don't knit and have a terribly black thumb. the fact about peonies starting the same color is fascinating--i never knew that!

Beehave said...

Oh, yes, you are in this whether you'd like to be or not. I think your terrible day is more than enough of a reason to slide on the rules. I don't think there are any consequences to rule breaking though!