Sunday, June 14, 2009

June 10th: the lost day


There is a film festival on the horizon and it is an example ripe with things that don't make sense. For example, what is one to do if a film is announced but then there is no "BUY" button on the website and when you call the box office they tell you they cannot sell you a ticket? It is a puzzle. And how is it that the number of tickets sold and the number of tickets handed out never seem to add up to the amount of available seats? Likewise, the number of tickets sold and the amount of cash that comes back from venues often leads to conclusions like, "We must have gotten a tip."

These are the little mysteries that can keep me up at night. Kind of like: What happened to the June 10th post? I have the correct number of posts to correspond to today's date but no tenth, huh. Did I really post twice on the 6th and then get off date without noticing? It seems a simple enough task to post once a day for a month, but it's proving to be more of a challenge than I anticipated. A challenge because once I was released from the iron grip of my computer I was hard pressed to spend time within a few feet of it for more than four minutes at a time. Evidently, also tough since I can't keep track of the days as they are going by.

*Picture of black hole belongs to National Geographic

No comments: