I started a different post this morning, but with the
announcement of the sentencing of
Laura Ling and
Euna Lee in North Korea I feel like this is more important news. The two are journalists and were detained along the N. Korea/China border in
March while reporting for
Current... tv. Al Gore's user-driven content network. The women were sentenced to 12 year is a work camp. Needless to say, this is not a good situation and with the recent N. Korean missile tests it is a complicated negotiation. Here in
L.A. there are vigils but I just ask that you keep these women in mind and send them strength. I do not know either of them personally, but I have worked with the sister of one of them and my heart goes out to their families.

This picture is from the
LA TIMES article published online earlier today.
No comments:
Post a Comment