Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Official Food, Inc. Movie Site - Hungry For Change?

Official Food, Inc. Movie Site - Hungry For Change?

Shared via AddThis

I thought there would at least be the picture of a cow with a barcode if I linked through the site. sheesh! Ok, here is something...that's better.



I know many of you are familiar with Michael Pollan already, but if not In Defense of Food really is a good and interesting read. If you have started seeing items in the grocery store marketed as having five ingredient, (I am convinced) that this is where it is coming from. It is a little bit ironic that a manifesto about manipulation of food knowledge for the purposes of marketing is being used as a weapon in the war it seeks to fight, but hey, if it is moving us a bit closer to "real food" then it can't be all bad, right?

I am thinking about all of this because I wish I had a garden. Even the White House has a garden now, and that hasn't happened since FDR was in office. We just might have to move somewhere that has space and soil.....

1 comment:

earthmama said...

crap, not before i can get there to visit you, okay?