Sunday, June 28, 2009

no words to describe


Every once in a while I come across something that I want to share with you and I am at a loss for what to say about it. There is a short film at the festival that is called THE BLINDNESS OF THE WOODS. It is not long, as a "short" suggests, and you can view it here. It is not child appropriate (O is not sure who it is appropriate for), the biggest issue being that I think it would raise countless unanswerable questions. I know it does for me.

The film is Argentinian, but based on a variety of Swedish 70s porn I am not familiar with. I was most intrigued as a knitter, as you will see the medium has been taken in new directions. When I encounter a work like this one I often imagine the reaction of several of you I know to read this blog. ...heh.

No matter where I live, I pledge to always do my best to contribute to our collective cultural awareness. By the way, the bear is named Bjorn.

1 comment:

Carrie and Rob said...

I got some words to describe that... f'ed up! I'm sure O will agree with me that the part about 2/3 of the way through (the chopping woods cutscene) was priceless, however.