Saturday, June 20, 2009

What day is it?

It is like deja vu all over again.

I am back at a film festival amidst the baskets of promotional energy bars and the stacks of tickets. After returning from Iowa I had to defer my participation until the actual festival, and now, the time has arrived. The 2009 L.A. Film Fest is off and running.

One of the films I am excited to check out is called NO IMPACT MAN. It's a documentary by Laura Gabbert and Justin Schein about Colin Beavan who committed to a year of no carbon footprint living (along with wife and daughter) in Manhattan, NY. We are talking no trash, no electricity, only local food, no purchases besides food, and no public transportation. No shit.



[This pic is the one being used for promotion of the film. Thanks to whomever owns the rights.]

Speaking of owning, it turns out that this film has been picked up by:


And it turns out that Adam Yauch is behind oscilloscope laboratory . Funny when the world feels small. It has been a long, long time since I have seen Adam, but he was at the Opening Night party and knocked the socks off of my friend, Lili, who not only I.D.ed me as someone they had in common, but also let Adam know that he is her "favorite Beastie Boy of all time!!!!" I am sad that I missed this exchange, in the re-telling it sounds pretty entertaining. I am thrilled that he is finding innovative and entertaining films to support. Check it out if it screens near you; I'll let you know what I think later this week.

No comments: