Tuesday, June 30, 2009

ch-ch-ch-changes

I am in debate about whether or not to go back and finish the posts that are still pending (i.e. I started them but never finished). All of a sudden the month was over. I still have a list of things to post about. sheesh! For anyone who has been reading along through June, Samantha is hosting a blog challenge Readers' Contest. There is a prize for whomever has been a committed reader, so good luck!

We'll see if I get these other posts up....if not I'll put them in the queue for July. In the meantime, things are happening so fast that I am having a tough time keeping up (let alone blog about it all).

In tandem with the film festival I have been keeping busy away from Westwood. Top two tasks: working to communicate with my committee to finalize the steps needed to get to defense and continuing the application/interview process for the "anthropology job." I haven't offered much info about either of these, but as both seem to be sorting out I am getting more comfortable with the idea of some details. I am in the final stages of talking with HR about employment (!!!) particulars, O and I are signing a lease for the sweetest house in IC, and I am trying to figure out how best to engage a major move. On top of that we have four (all very important) weddings in a period of six weeks and my dear friend, Monique, is due to head back to France later this month to have her twins. My back up plan for unemployment was going to be nanny-ing in Tanzania for the twins this fall; now I am not even sure we'll get there for a visit :(
We will see what can be done.

In the meantime, Carrie was sweet enough to go check out the house we want to lease and take some pictures of the interior. I am kind of in love with this house and we haven't even met yet.




So that is a snippet of recent highlights. I now know why we have been in L.A. for seven years -- it has taken me that long to forget how much cross-country moving stresses me out. At least now we know why we have kept the IC storage unit for so long! If you have any recommendations on moving options/companies, I would love the info. Also, if anyone knows about relocating a worm composter (with worms in it), please let me know. This is happening.

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Wow!!! Very exciting!
I'm sending some calm and organized vibes your way (as if I have many of those to spare!).
XO!

Joyce said...

Sarah.....I'm soooooooo excited for you! A job AND a great house. And, as a bonus, you might even get to spend some time with ME if you play your cards right! I'm looking forward to seeing you again.

amber c. said...

That is the sweetest house! We're excited to see you around the streets of ICIA soon!

Brandy said...

sarah, i am DYING here for more info. i'm way behind on your life, it seems, and i want to know lots. what job? for how long (as in, one yr. appt. or longer?) how permanent might this move be? when will it take place? will you really be in iowa, only 1.75 hrs away? i need to know more....