Personally, I was a little bummed to learn that Christian Bale had been there and I hadn't even known until after the fact. So is the fate of being 75 feet away from the action. My view was largely of crowds of autograph-hounds running from one side of the street to the other and shouting "JOHNNY! JOHNNY! OVER HERE!!" Good thing I am not collecting data any longer, I can stay out of the fray and focus on tasks like getting the Fire Marshall tickets to see the film (!)




Here's one of the moments from last night's premiere of PUBLIC ENEMIES in circulation among the festival staff today ---
There were "fan bleacher" along the Red Carpet that people slept out overnight to get into (it was first come first seated to the first 200 in line). In addition to having a clear view of the stars, there was a chance to be one of the lucky ten selected at random to get a ticket into the screening. Nine names had been called and on the last name, the receipient screamed and proceded to faint. Out cold. Because the drawing was happening at the same time the film should have been starting, the response was along the lines of, "can we get her up and into the theater or should we draw another name?"
You'll be happy to know that she was roused and helped into the theater, crying tears of joy all the while.
When I told Orion the story he said, "I love you, but I've never been moved to those kind of hysterics."
"Oh, just wait," I said. "The next time you see me and swoon on the spot I am going to remind you of this moment."


1 comment:
too funny. mike would never get that hysterical, either. we can dream.
Post a Comment