
It has been a long week and it is only Wednesday.
For a long time I've been hearing that writing a dissertation is hard, but I don't think I really knew what that meant until the past few months. This part of the process is really wrecking me in a way I couldn't have anticipated. This week is particularly tough. I think my Chair and I both hit our breaking points at the same time on Monday and, I can only speak for myself but, it was a new low. As everyday is lasting for-e-v-e-r, I am reminded how lucky I am to have an O in my life. It could have been the bottle of Maker's on Monday, or the steady supply of chocolate strategically placed ("Sweetie, look in the armrest of the car. It will be ok. Just get gas and go home.") Even when I feel like there must be a voodoo doll out there who looks like me, I know in some deep (very deep) place that I am lucky. In addition to a supportive partner, I have friends who are willing to read and re-read chapters, and a cheering section of emeritus profs who I was lucky enough to see for dinner this evening.
Now, if I can just get to the weekend...
the update: drafts are going out to the committee. this is a good thing. cross your fingers for me.


3 comments:
committees can be good. you need a diversity of opinion, especially in this case! congrats on getting this this ring of fire.
thinking of you, wonder woman! yay for draft to committee!
p.s. love that fish eye photo!
Post a Comment