...this is the adorable house Lexi found for us to live in and Chris, our landlord (!) He was great.
And there has been the ongoing dissertation gauntlet (to be continued...) but also the bright-spot of going through the doctorate hooding.
I swear that is me -- the one who looks like a road divider from a distance -- and this is the big moment when I went from mere mortal to a Ph.D.*
It was a beautiful day and with my family in Iowa for the grand occasion I couldn't have asked for more. I don't think we ever got a picture with all of us, but my uncles came down from Minnesota in addition to my proud parents and Alistair.
Check out this flag shot!

Let me know if you'd like one of your own in a commemorative frame of some sort ;)
To tell the truth is all happened very fast.
Renting a gown, getting the hood, turning them both back into the rental company...
Next thing I knew I was moving bookshelves back into the storage unit and heading back to L.A.
I am still spending my days at the computer and keeping an eye on the end of the tunnel. Just one more loose end to tie up and then I will let you call me "Dr." (please, not until then). Ok, if you must. But say it with a grain of salt and a touch of cynicism.
Samantha has thrown down a challenge to post every day for a month (June), so I getting warmed up and you'll have to check back to see how it goes.
I'll do what I can to keep you posted!


3 comments:
that flag backdrop is kind of funny. it reminds of the time when Sofia was into chanting "USA"
i commend you and carrie for taking on samantha's challenge. it's a good one, but i don't think i can follow suit. i'll enjoy the reading, and post when i can, though :) i can't wait to hear the newest update from your end. happy nearing to the end of the tunnel (please take me with you...)!
why isn't the background the state flag of Iowa. Have you no midwestern pride?
May the writing muse hover over your abode.
Post a Comment