Friday, March 21, 2008

favorite things

I have spring on the brain. Everyday I watch for signs of new life among my potted friends. Things planted from seeds are slow-to-grow, which might explain why I can't remember the last time I tried to grow from seeds. huh. While those seeds are still being shy, I was greeted by these brightly smelling buds. Not the dafodils I was waiting for, but I'll take 'em.

When Lexi was here for a visit/"writing intensive" -- there are pictures somewhere around here -- I found this bird mobile. Long ago Margery told me to put a mobile over my desk and I would finish my dissertation. The mobile is up and now I am waiting, er, writing. You can't really tell, but the pieces are cut from wood with this great grain.

This would be my new favorite thing if not for this next item....


Ok, now for the big finish ---- ta da! a giant hippo rug from MOCA! I'm not sure who could pass this up to be honest. I had my eye on this beauty for months, until it was the last one and I could barter for the floor model. Ah the things that traveling abroad teaches you. good stuff.


1 comment:

earthmama said...

what's moca? now, if someone told me you could finish a dissertation by simply hanging a mobile over your desk, i would've bought MYSELF one at the design ranch last weekend. carrie, you kept this a secret! let me know how it inspires you, dear. i'll be waiting to hear...