Saturday, August 26, 2006

where the time goes

In Iowa I had a friend named Ernie. Besides feeding me from time to time and making the coffee, we used to talk books and authors. I was thinking about him today because we both liked Elizabeth Bishop. I was thinking about Elizabeth Bishop today.

I don't know what day it is exactly. Since returning to LA the days of the week escape me. I am still forgetting things; this week I missed one doctor's appointment and one breakfast. I never used to forget things like that. I haven't felt like posting in the same way I haven't felt like doing much of interest. In my mind, I am where people were prepared to deal with me four months ago. moody, depressed, angry. Four months ago I was still too tired to get the mail or shower standing up. I didn't have enough energy to be hostile and frustrated. I guess the fact that I am now is progress, eh?

Since I'm not getting calls returned or emails written, here are some snapshots of what is happening (sans doctors and the like).


I do crosswords. Drink tea instead of coffee.


I knit compulsively


...for those who need a little something.


I finally finished, bound, AND mailed the rug Margaret gave me that I made and returned as the wedding present she forgot to ask for.

And I walk. More about that later.

2 comments:

Carrie and Rob said...

dearest obsessive knitter:

if i send you my measurements, will you knit me an outfit? or maybe just this...?
http://magknits.com/July06/ballet.htm

and have you seen this...?!?
http://www.magknits.com/feb06/patterns/sushi.htm

xo,
c

Anonymous said...

okay, what the hell do you do with knitted sushi? cute, but come on... the pink tank is gorgeous, on the other hand. if you do one for carrie, keep me in mind... heehee. and remember i have BIG working boobs now, thanks to jack. just kidding--don't knit me anything. jack's sweater is the darn cutest thing, and i can't wait until he's big enough to wear it. you are the most amazing knitter, girl!