Saturday, August 26, 2006
phones are amazing
I have been in a funk. Today the thing that made the difference was hearing from friends I haven't talked to in a while. I just caught up with my friend, Jason. We've known each other since high school. Prior to Jason I talked to Emily, a friend from undergrad who just relocated to Alberta -- oh, Canada! -- and Carrie, a grad school great who I should now refer to as Dr. Carrie. That means I covered friends from each of my institutions of *higher* learning. Ok, middle school, where are you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Okay, so I'm not middle school material, but I'm another grad school great (well, not so great and not so Dr., but you and I are in about the same place at this point, so we have a lot in common :) I miss you! I'm thinking about you. I've been meaning to tell you how much I appreciated receiving your phone messages, cards, and emails when Jack was in the NICU. It's amazing that when things like that happen, you truly find out...not necessarily who your friends really are, but who is willing to step up and be there and be supportive when you need it most. Even though I couldn't call out much and didn't email as often as I would've liked, I so appreciated and needed those messages of kindness and long distance support. You are the best. Hugs, Bran
Post a Comment