According to Los Angeles Magazine, Amoeba Music is the Best Thing About LA. WooHoo!! At a time when what circulates is the speculation that indie record stores are on the way out, or at the very least doomed, it warms my heart to see the city rally around what I think is the best record store ever (I include all three Amoeba locations in this assessment -- Berkeley, SF, LA). Not only that, but I have to assume this accolade has something to do with the tall, skinny, white guy from Iowa who can be found under-the-stairs in Hip Hop and Soul. I am proud of you, honey!
Thursday, July 31, 2008
the city has spoken
According to Los Angeles Magazine, Amoeba Music is the Best Thing About LA. WooHoo!! At a time when what circulates is the speculation that indie record stores are on the way out, or at the very least doomed, it warms my heart to see the city rally around what I think is the best record store ever (I include all three Amoeba locations in this assessment -- Berkeley, SF, LA). Not only that, but I have to assume this accolade has something to do with the tall, skinny, white guy from Iowa who can be found under-the-stairs in Hip Hop and Soul. I am proud of you, honey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I could probably even be persuaded to buy hip-hop from that tall, skinny white guy from Iowa. Though, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with him lurking under the stairs...
that is great! go o!
Post a Comment