Saturday, July 26, 2008

Is that highchair taken?

The world around me is overflowing with too much cute.Leave it to L.A. (ok, Newport Beach) to come up with a *hot spot* for babies. I recently learned about Pomme Bebe, a fresh and frozen baby food (boutique?). It looks like an ice cream store -- Pinkberry style. There are modern highchairs and toys a la Plastica, alongside some grown up seating.

Instead of ice cream, the offerings are all fresh, handmade, no gunk (sugar, preservatives) baby food. I have not been to check it out, as I am a solid food eater, but I thought it might be of interest to the mom-readers. In case you are looking for inspiration, the Pomme bebe website lists its offerings (which change seasonally) -- check out Quinoa Primavera! I hear they deliver in eco-friendly packaging. heh.

3 comments:

Beehave said...

wow. that place is really something. so very LA?
we are looking forward to your visit!

Anonymous said...

blast! why do people keep thinking of the business ideas i should be thinking of before i do!?!
i don't think this would have a big enough market in ICIA, but i'd love to have one around for days when i run out of food cubes!

earthmama said...

ha! that cracks me up. it's very chic...for babies. it kills me that you can pay nearly $4 for a 4 oz. serving of pureed...fruit. heehee. smart business people, i guess. but where are the trays on those highchairs....??