Carrie sent this to me today, and after a couple of miserable days it was what I needed to get me smiling again. Not only is the squirrel something of a family totem, but I love the sweater. Imagine stripes!This brings me to recent projects in the wide world of crafts....
People most frequently ask what I am doing to fill my days all these months, well, here are a few examples of new talents acquired and projects completed.


That pink thing is a Womb Doll. When I first got sidelined, Samantha sent me a knitting kit with the pattern and supplies (such a good idea!). Five months later I figured out how to make it. Pretty cute if I do say so myself. I imagine recreating a work like Riefenstahl's TRIUMPH OF THE WILL, with an army of wombs -- TRIUMPH OF THE WOMB. I'm thinking that it is about time I made a short, and I've worked for enough film festivals to get is screened somewhere I'd hope! Ideas, ideas, ideas. Speaking of good ideas -- Alas, the womb is not my design, it is credited to knitter, mk carroll, and the pattern can be found on Knitty.com in the archive.
Ok, last photo/project, and then I have to go take a nap. This bee hat is a pattern my mom found at what is fast becoming one of my favorite destinations when I have the energy to run *errands*, The Knitter's Studio on 3rd. It is taken from Debbie Stoller's "Stitch 'n Bitch Nation" published by Workman. The pattern needed a little tweeking, but it makes a cute hat which I determined to be a especially nice (if not seasonal) present for a May birthday. Nothing like wool and a North Carolina summer, eh?


3 comments:
i am so happy that the womb finally made it onto the blog! i can also envision the womb showing up at famous places and vacation destinations a la amelie's gnome...
did i ever mention that one of the women in my knitting class brought in a pattern for the digestive system? maybe you could make a whole knitted person from the inside out...
-c
I love my hat!!! It has been sitting on our fireplace mantel and Sofia covets it!
S
I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»
Post a Comment