Thursday, August 28, 2008

summertime in the south



I am home.
While it is always nice to come home, I do miss North Carolina already. The visit with Samantha, Ernie, and Sofia was terrific. I was happy to have time with Sofia during her final days as an only child, and it was really wonderful to see Samantha (who last I heard was waiting to have the baby a little while longer). The thing I love about Samantha and Ernie is that even if it has been forever since I've seen them, we seem to pick up without a hitch.



Having not seen Sofia since she was a baby, it was a treat to hang out with a big girl on the verge of being four. In addition to the Raleigh Science Museum, "Critter Class", midwife visits, library storytime, and playground outtings...

We visited to Duke Gardens to feed to ducks, turtles, and koi.



Look at those lilypads!



We went apple picking at a spot with trees where we all could reach.





I have tried to be selective in the photos of Sofia I post, but this is one I couldn't ignore. It may be my favorite from the whole trip. I also love that it was taken in Ernie's library at St. Timothy's.





Now those are the girls I love.
Miss all three of you tons!!
xoxo

No comments: