with veggie buttons contributed by Samantha. And then to try out a new yarn on an old pattern, I came up with another wee cardigan that is on its way to Julie and Ryan's new baby girl, Ella.
I have mentioned the Mermaid Tail I was making for Sofia, but waited to photograph it until I gave it to her. It is now a princess mermaid tail -- as Ariel is a princess. I like that the chenille and color give an impression of seaweed. You can't really see the pattern, but it is a butterfly stitch that ends up looking like scales. Please note, it is not an easy item to photograph on a mobile gal, and she has plenty of room to grow into it!
If you are a knitter and interested in the details, the yarn is a hand-dyed chenille made in Chile by Araucania, Quellon. It should "felt" some when washed, but the pattern is super stretchy, so that shouldn't be a problem. I needed < two skeins, and it should fit from now until well past kindergarten!


2 comments:
Sarah is good for Durham!
xox, your favorite mermaid princess and her mama
wow.
Post a Comment