
My dear friend, Lexi, sent this to me a while back. I am not sure where it came from, but I like it. She looks like a superhero to me, and superheroes have been in conversation the last day or so.
I do not actually feel like I am fighting the waves today, which is nice. It is a really lovely day here and in the last week all of the neighborhood birds seem to have moved into earshot. At sunrise it can be a bother, but in the afternoon when I am writing, it is sweet to hear them (if not a little bit Disney). Don't worry I have not taken to singing while I work...and I still can't whistle. I did reclaim my desk, which from the archaeological evidence looks like it may not have been cleared off since pre-PTE. Lots of med-related stuff on the bottom, not to mention two years worth of xmas cards. I should think about sending ours out (they were there too). I should have taken a *before* picture...
Speaking of med-related, I have eliminated one more medication from my regimen. I know I have shied away from health posts generally, but it still a big part of my day-to-day, and this is a small victory. I have no expectation of being *drug-free*, but one less is one less. This is especially good as the drug is known to be highly addictive and I have been "stepping down" for ages. For the past week I have been tentative that every pain or moody moment was the dreaded "withdrawal" -- meds can become a real security blanket -- but today I decided: I'm fine. woo hoo!
So yea for me, and yea for a beautiful May Day! Now go pick some flowers! Or if your name is Brandy, have a baby before the weekend!


2 comments:
Hey Sarah....glad to hear you are "one med down" and that the birds are singing. Yours is the second post today that mentioned birds singing. Guess it is a sign of Spring. Happy May Day
oh, yeah for one med down. that has to be such a nice step and empowering feeling to "need" less on the chemical side of things. thank god for the meds we need, but the less you need, the better. i'm happy for you! (i didn't make it before the weekend. so now i'm waiting for monday...)
Post a Comment