Sunday, May 11, 2008

Boise Bound...

...and back. It felt like we were away for longer than a handful of days, and at the same time we are already back home. Time is funny.

Boise was lovely. It has been at least five years since we had been to Idaho for a visit, so I guess we were more than due. O has representatives from both sides of his family there, and we were lucky enough to see everyone. Most of the time we were with the paternal family and his grandmother who has been battling cancer. It was my first time meeting any of the aunts, and the most time I have been able to spend with his dad's family. It was nice to fill in that side of the family tree :)

Unfortunately, we left LA without a camera, and despite our best efforts we never succeed in getting a replacement. We did get portraits taken at JCPenny (a first for me), and the opportunity to participate in urn selection (for real), but never made it to a Best Buy or some such big box. Good thing we'll have the portraits! If you are lucky I'll remember to include one in a future post.

While we didn't make it to the tour of the old penitentiary and the tattoo museum, but did get the the Boise Art Museum, which has an excellent little, largely regional, collection. It also has an impressive museum shop with a ton of things I don't need, but wanted to take home with me. I was told that they are supporters of garden gnomes, and they do have a nice collection of gnome-related items for purchase. I used great restraint.

Let's hope we get back to Boise before another five years elapse.

1 comment:

Beehave said...

Glad to hear that you are home and we look forward to catching up soon.