Sunday, February 24, 2008

80 Years!

It is that time of year again -- as if there is anyone who doesn't know that the Academy Awards are happening! Maybe I am biased because I live in tinseltown and have helicopters doing laps overhead for hours already. I have actually been trying to write and get some work done. The goal is to take less than 80 years to finish my PhD(!!) heh heh.

I am ready to take a break from grant writing and spend some time on the couch with Miriam and watch the 80th Academy Awards. For the first time in years I am not taping the show for later discourse analysis. Maybe I am turning over a new leaf??

Long before Barbara sent them to Oprah, Orion was in line at Sprinkles, our favorite little cupcake shop. In honor of the special event, Sprinkles has made an Oscars cupcake -- red velvet with a gold star -- super cute.
Go Sprinkles!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

ummmm, cupcakes. another place to add to my "must stop" list for my visit to LA....someday.