
Even though I haven't played in any kind of serious way in years, I am still a huge fan of women's soccer. There are even a couple of Portlanders on the national team. All the players we used to do training camps with have retired, but it is still a fantastic team! Here, let me find another picture to lift off of FIFA's website (thank you, FIFA)...

This pic actually was posted on Voice of America where you can read the full article. I won't tell you who won today's game in case you are still planning to watch it in re-play this afternoon. It is hard for me to believe how recent this kind of athletic competition is for girls and women. I feel really lucky that I grew up playing on teams since age five. Our first coach, Pam, out there learning soccer right along with us.
Go Panthers! Go Banshees! Go PCU-East! Go Cardinals!


1 comment:
i watched my brother grow up playing soccer (and he still is, even as a med student, on the UI club team) and my parents helped coach. but i never did myself. i still regret that a bit. i love the sport.
Post a Comment