Friday, September 21, 2007

at last!

It is raining in the City of Angels. We have been heading towards the driest year ever with less than 2.5 inches this year. In the desert water makes all the difference, and being an Oregonian I have been missing the rain something awful. I love the sound and the smell and the cool that comes with the rain. It is not an Iowa thunderstorm, but it'll do.

Today was a good day. Orion and I got to attend a Kanye West performance for Power 106 (LA radio) in Long Beach. The link will take you to the podcast of the interview. Kanye's show was well worth the trip south, and his website is worth checking out.

Takashi Murakami did the cover art, which is just one more reason to seek out the album. I love his work. He has a show coming to MOCA this fall and that alone was reason to renew my membership. Go art!

Even if you are not a big hip hop fan, it is an album worth giving a listen.

To wrap up a great day I found this layer cake at BLD that is to die for. Who doesn't love cake?
Rain and cake. mmmmmmmmmm.

1 comment:

earthmama said...

oh, oh! there was no photo of the cake on the link. i'm left feeling so void!