Thursday, August 09, 2007

did you feel that?

I finally felt an earthquake! I usually sleep through them or am busy and miss the event altogether. Tonight I was getting ready for bed and had just gotten off the phone with my brother. O and I were sitting on the couch when we saw everything move. Maybe we heard it first, hard to say. Anyway, since I am up I figured I'd share the news. It is not as unusual as a tornado in Brooklyn, but it is a reminder that mama earth is in control. If you want to check out the details you can go here -- it was the big red square near Chatsworth.

1 comment:

earthmama said...

ooh, fun. believe it or not, i experienced a very small earthquake right here in IA when i was young and living in sioux city (near the border of NE). it rattled my mom's bronze plates on the wall. that's all i remember, but how weird to have one in IA! i'm sure it's much scarier in CA given the history and severity of the earthquakes there. you are truly living on the edge ;)