Sunday, June 08, 2008

Only a week ago

I was is Korea. Lili and I left from LAX and flew Asiana to Seoul. In the end the best decision we made was to pay more and go direct. It is still at least a 12 hour flight, and when you only have five days, every hour counts.

We arrived in Seoul at 4:50am on Wednesday, after leaving just after midnight on Monday night (technically Tuesday). We were staying at The Hotel Shilla, which was our second best decision and a really fabulous spot to spend a few days.





This was the view from our room. In the distance, the thing that sort of looks like the Space Needle, is Seoul Tower (it is kind of like the Space Needle). You can go up in it and see the city, but it was really overcast so not the best days for views. Never fear, there was lots to see and do!

We figured out the subway. The map reminds me of train maps in Japan...colorful & insane.


We made the most of the meals we had. mmmmmmmm. We have Korean BBQ in LA, but it wasn't like this. Pork Belly...giant bacon!


There was a variety of shopping opportunities: street vendors, giant "mall" department stores, cute boutiques, artisan shops -- you name it.



Some things were more my taste than others... All of it was fun to explore.


This one is for Samantha.



All I have done since getting back to LA is work. No rest at a film fest! I'll make time to get pictures of the wedding up -- it's only taken three days to get this post up! -- but first I need to get some sleep.

next installment: dumplings!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

it looks gorgeous, and yummy, and fun! wish i had been there...