Monday, April 07, 2008

Can it get any worse??

I have been working through the Knit Cafe moving sale for the past couple weeks. It is hard to say goodbye so many times a day. The shop has really been a special space for a lot of people, and it is sad to know that there won't be an oasis of peace amid the crazy-making of Tinseltown anymore. It also sucks that I am now officially out of a job. The morning of my last day of work I got word that the fellowship I applied for and I are not meant to be.
So now what?
Good question. One I don't have an answer for unfortunately.
I am open to suggestions.
In the meantime, I am mulling over whether to stay with academics.

3 comments:

Beehave said...

At this point I would only bail if you could feel 100% confident that you wouldn't regret it. You have a great project, tons of data, and important things to say. Its not supposed to be this hard, for sure, but it isn't supposed to be easy either. I want to see you knock this thing out, so let me know what I can to do help.. even if its just answering the phone with a muffled, hormone ridden voice.

Betsy said...

Oh. Crappy. Crap crap.
I'm with Samantha. Don't give up on something you'll regret later. Let us know how we can support you!
In the meantime....maybe you could knit and sell things on Etsy? You've got some skillz!
XO!

Brandy said...

Argh, Sarah. It makes no sense to me. I can't BELIEVE they wouldn't offer you one. It's as if the university and the cosmos are making it as hard as possible to finish. I'm so disappointed. I'm with Samantha. In fact, I often ask myself the same question. I want to just let it go and move on with my already moving life, but I know a part of me (even if just a small part) would regret not riding it out and finishing the damn thing. You know that, like you, I can go either way. Depending on the day. So call or email or text or chat when you want to. I am here.