Wednesday, April 09, 2008

frost or ice?

The other day I was talking to emily while she made a cake. Being that she is now deep in Canada, she asked me whether I frost or ice. We ventured into the semantics of cake decorating and ended without a clear conclusion as to the distinction and/or which is fancier. What do you think -- frosting or icing? How do you differentiate?

These are cupcakes I made for my brother's birthday months ago, but I did promise to play catch-up here on the blog. He's a Christmas baby, but I think we were celebrating in January. Thanks for the cupcake recipe Sprinkles; such a cute site...kind of like the Knit Cafe's. It has been a week of packing and moving. At some point I became too tired to be sad. I do have to say it is nice to be able to lift things without worrying about if I could or should. I still remember a time when I couldn't life a cauliflower (too heavy).
Look there's Lexi. Cute bow tie, huh?


Yup, January. Wait, that's my birthday. Well here's that cake.



And while I am playing baked goods flashback, these are the awesome Venus of Willendorf cookies that Pat and Susan sent for my birthday. They included lots of things to decorate with; just check out Orion's Venus. I think she looks great.


Speaking of heavy things like cauliflower... Things are not much better, but I do appreciate the encouraging emails. If I figure out what I need, I'll let you know. While I didn't take a picture of the last cake I made, I did eat the last of it for dinner. It is just that kind of a week.

As I am writing this I am watching Idol Gives Back and feeling like I have no business complaining about my bad week. Sheesh! Go ahead and find something to support (besides me). I mean, if I can give $20 on mosquito nets, can't we all? At the very least, allow yourself some cake!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

hmm, i frost. i've never iced. i've always thought icing was thinner, more like a glaze. frosting to me is like the thick, buttercream stuff. the only kind worth eating :)