In honor of Memorial Day I decided it was time to take a shower. I was sick of washing my hair in the kitchen sink and even though I am an anthropologist and can go for weeks without showers, I was ready to feel clean and smell good. Because my wound was still dressed I had to keep it dry. When I left the hospital the nurse explained that to take a shower I just needed to wrap the area in plastic to keep the area dry. Armed with plastic wrap and tape I headed for the bathroom.
Now keep in mind that the wound is along the crease along my groin, that line at the top of the leg. [this is why there are no pics!] Not an easy place to wrap. Kind of like wrapping a big wheel. So I had myself encased in plastic. ...I was reminded of this Halloween costume when I used blue saran wrap to make a "dress" -- I was the ocean and I layered in plastic fish and aqua-plants. It was cute and kept me warm.... There must have been a hole somewhere in my protective coating because I hadn't even rinsed my hair and I found myself in a plastic diaper full of water. Needless to say, nothing was spared from getting wet. It was kind of a nightmare. I started writing this entry in the midst of my mess.
Ok, that was the highlight of my week.
Just wait until next week.....


2 comments:
wow...all these posts, a girl can barely keep up!
i distinctly remember your voyage into depilatory hell (the 5th ring of dante's inferno, i think) and am sorry that you've had to wander into that territory again. at least this time there weren't any toxic chemicals!
xxoo
i haven't laughed so hard in...a long time. that story rocked. you are too funny. my story was not quite so hard with needing to bathe with a cast on my dominant arm. although it also made for some memorable moments since mike had to pretty much bathe me in the tub since i couldn't open shampoo, lather, or do most anything else. i felt like a 3-yr-old getting a bath from daddy. not so sexy for a marriage, but interesting. we should share bathing stories :)
Post a Comment