Monday, May 14, 2007

hello...?

Guys? You around?
I am afraid I have lost the three readers who were checking this with some regularity.

So it is already the middle of May and at the end of the week I am going back into Cedars for another surgery. This one is not really related to the PTE, except that the need might have come about during the PTE bypass on the heart/lung machine. This one, I am assured will be a piece of cake after the last experience "under the knife" -- yikes! Sorry to the weak of stomach. For all my feminist friends, you will be happy to know that I have been told I will still be able to wear a bikini after this one. Yup. That is still the measure of surgical impact on some level. I guess the giant chest scar and the small upper-abdomen "dots" couldn't be seen at the time of this assessment...and like a couple of scars would keep me out of a bikini. hahaha!

So this is my attempt to do a bunch of catch-up and then check out until June. Where to start....

For the knitters in my life, let me give you a sampling of what has been "on the needles" as they say. But first, there is the insane sale at Black Sheep Knittery in Hollywood; I'm talking 75% off everything in the store. Look at this.



After buying this morning I was like a junkie after a score. The nurses would talk about how people tend to shop when their health is stressful. Yup, makes sense to me. Did I mention that everything was 75% off?

This is my most recent finish, a tea cosy for my aunt's birthday.



Pi sweater vest for Lexi's birthday...

ok, turn your head.

A scarf for Margery
I am trying to embrace lace work. I liked that this pattern is called Rabbit Proof Fence.

A sweater for Orion. You know this is true love...



Babies, babies, and sweaters.





More (non-knitting) soon...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I the first one here? Yeah! an update and some new pics. I am so impressed by Lexi and Orion's wearable sweaters. Kids will wear anything... knitting for grown ups? amazing.
- bee

Betsy said...

My goodness, girl! Have you always had such mad skillz? I am SO impressed. Now, have you started your knit-kini for post op.?

Anonymous said...

Is everyone seeing Japanese symbols on this page, or is it just my computer...?

Anyway, Sarah I am SO glad you posted and even glader...err, more glad you sent out the text last night notifying us of your safe return out of surgery. I really hope the recovery time is short and as pain free as possible. You'll be in that bikini in no time! (heheheh)

Beehave said...

Sarah,
Thought you should know that Fifi insisted on wearing her bunny sweater to UU this morning... even though it bulges at the buttons, one of them is missing and it is too short.
It has been well loved. We may have to make her a larger one and steal the old buttons!
Samantha

Carrie and Rob said...

That look on O's face is priceless.

-r