Saturday, January 06, 2007

succulents rule


For the holidays I found this wreath made of succulents. The whole thing is alive and I figure that it can survive year-round since this is southern california. It is one of my new favoriate things. Ah, the ways to create a garden without any semblance of a yard.
I spent another day at Cedars-Sinai checking in with doctors and undergoing tests. My hope for this year is to reconnect with a sense of health and feel like myself a bit more than I do today.
Until that happens, I take comfort in watching small plants grow and feeling ok about reading fiction.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful, just as you are.
-bee

Betsy said...

That is gorgeous! Here's to a new year!

Anonymous said...

love the wreath! do you water it? spritz it? hmmm...the mini succulent garden-in-a-pot in our front window has recently suffered a cactus fatality, but the aloe plant is still going nuts.
i'm so glad i checked in this morning and happy to see new posts!
xxoo