Thursday, September 21, 2006

thursday

I know I promised county fair photos (they are coming), but this week has been full of doctors and tests and spending my days on hold with receptionists. Yesterday was a rough one. After a morning of trying to get my head sorted out, I spent the afternoon back at the hospital re-taking the big tests (CT angiogram and nuclear med scan). It shouldn't have been any worse than expected, but after 90 minutes, 6 nurses, and equally as many attempts to start an IV, I was pretty broken. Last night I nursed my arms with ice and arnica, so today the bruising and soreness is almost ignorable. It is just my spirit that needs some nurturing. All of this is leading up to the six months since I left San Diego on Saturday.

Funniest encounter, the UPS guy this morning who goes, "wow, have you always had that scar?!...so, are you going to be ok?...whoa! what happened to your arms?...I had no idea."

I'm off to get my Coumadin levels checked. I'll leave you with a more hopeful thought...there was a green sighting today.

2 comments:

Ernie Cox said...

hey sarah,

i sent you a real letter a few days ago...i am about a year overdue to see the eye doc, my mom and samantha have been prompting me to get it done....after reading your post today i think "what is my problem?" its just one doctor once every year or so...thinking of you..what are you growing in the pots? did i miss that post?

Anonymous said...

sorry you had such a rough day, but glad you posted about it.
thinking of you.
we *will* talk soon...
xo,
c
(seemingly stripped forever of my blogger identity)