
The first tip is to pay the extra five bucks for VIP parking, at the end of the day it is the best $5 you'll have spent. The draw on this particular day was the Pat Benatar show, but before that there was much to do...
There were the prize winning baked goods, crafts, and livestock (sorry, no photos of the ewe giving birth to twins who were greeted by a million flash bulbs. Those poor lil sheepies thought they were being born on the red carpet).
Does this look familiar?

I do believe I have the very same homage in my Iowa storage unit, one of the grad school greats that I, evidently, am not doing nearly enough to showcase -- notice the color the of the ribbon. I guess all I need is a frame...humph!
I actually thought this was the best thing I saw in the wide world of textiles

Lili was true to her word and made me understand the beauty and science involved in a porkchop on a stick.

For the first time in my life I won at a carnival game. The magic of colored water and a ping pong ball made me the happy owner of three adorable goldfish (*aquarium* included).

For those of you who don't know, I have been wanting a goldfish for a very long time. So not only did I win something, but I took home valued friends...after carrying them around for the next six hours.

I actually only won two of the fishies, Corn Dog & Funnel Cake (a.k.a. Monique). One was given to me by Shaz, who you can kind of see -- Luke is the one with the beer, Shaz has the great ring. I promised to give her fish, Pat Benatar, a good home.
None of the Pat B. photos turned out, but all in all it was a Sunday well spent.

Until next year........


5 comments:
Okay, so when I read the part about the UPS guy and the scar I assumed that the scar was probably on your chest, but I wasn't sure. And then I saw today's post, and for some reason the photo of you with the fish made me think you had scars on your cheek ala Seal. Upon closer inspection I see that it's just the wind blowing your hair across your face. I was momentarily very confused! And a little jealous that you have a UPS guy who sees and comments upon your chest. Ha.
Oh, and congrats on the new fishy friends!
seeing latch-hook jesus again brings back so many memories! just say the word (and send me the key) and i'll get him out of storage and send him westward...
i'm glad that corn dog, funnel cake and pat benetar (can you really tell them apart?) are still alive and swimming...
xo
Well, I am left agape at the photo of a chop on a stick. distrubing. Was it tasty?
glad to see the blogging and will keep checking for more.
bee-have
ejd, fyi, the scar is down the center of my chest. I guess that is better than on my face (?!)
Post a Comment