Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Need: More Good Thoughts

My friend Irene (from Sundance) is in the hospital after suffering a stroke over the weekend. I now know how awful it is to have a friend get really sick out of nowhere. I guess I am the last to know, huh? It sucks. She called to let me know that she understands how it felt to have every doctor, nurse, and passerby tell me that "you are too young to have this happen." Irene is in the same boat being a young and previously healthy woman herself. I am learning that the advantage to my extended hospital stays means that I am a pretty good resource for tests to try and general empathizing. I also know the things to ask for -- like the water-less *shampoo* that can be done while you are in bed -- and can relate on the challenge of accepting the bedpan. If you have a quiet moment, send Irene some good thought for a fast recovery and strength. Even if you don't know her, she is a fantastic woman and one of my favorites.

1 comment:

Carrie and Rob said...

unreal. i am so sorry to hear this. i'm now doubly concentrating on sending positive thoughts westward...

xo,
c