It is fair to say that I have been debating whether or not to keep the blog. It is a new year after all, and I am not sure that I have much the say about PTE these days (thankfully!!) There are a couple of health-related posts that I really should finish and post -- so if that is what you tune in for, hang tight. Maybe it is enough to tweak the name a bit and see if I can gain some momentum in 2009.

My friend, Jason, says that to have a successful blog you really need to have a kid to take pictures of. He may be on to something. We have discussed posting pictures of random children and babies, but I am sure that might lead to problems. I can get away with posting pictures of Sprinkles cupcakes, but kids are different I hear.
My day started with a semi-regular Skype meeting with Lexi. We are still locked in a blood-pact to finish and defend our dissertations this spring. It has been a challenge having her in London, but Skype helps. So this morning, in addition to talking about the strife of writing, she introduced me to the David Lee Roth Soundboard. There is no image that does it justice, you really just have to go check it out. Whether or not you are a Van Halen fan, it is fun(ny).
From there my day meandered through coffee, writing, tea, a Wii break (best xmas gift and such a distraction -- totally deserving of its own post), and ended up with THE VISITOR. This film has been on my list for a while and it really is worth checking out if you haven't seen it (even more so than the David Lee Roth site). For those of you teaching, there are classroom materials available here. I have movies on my mind because of the dissertation, but more so because here in la-la-land it is awards season. If there is a Hollywood equivalent of the harvest in a 12-month agricultural cycle, awards season is it. With the Golden Globes last night, it is officially in full-swing. Ah, distraction in the name of research! In truth, I have weened myself from data collection as best I can, and the only thing of note at last night's event was the fact that E! introduced a GPS "star tracker" to follow celebs on the Red Carpet. It might have been a joke...but not a terrible idea, eh?


2 comments:
maybe you could re-christen the blog? could PTE stand for something else? hmmmm...
in the meantime, i like the cupcake picture!
xo
i love cupcakes. and hearing from you. sometimes blogging is easier than emailing. i say keep it :) i'd never heard of skype, but good for you for finding ways to keep each other going. you are so close!! i'm so proud!
Post a Comment