Saturday, October 04, 2008

feels like iowa...or beverly hills

Good thing I went to grad school with the majority of readers, otherwise this post might not make sense. Since Jason got settled in La La and I took to spending my days rooted to a chair (they say this helps make progress when writing, fyi), we've resumed an old habit of meeting up to sit without talking for hours at a stretch. All we have to do now is rendezvous at the laundromat and it is like we never left Iowa City. We have been scouting out good study sites where you can loiter half a day on a single cup of coffee, and at the same time working to master the LA bus system. It passes the time and keeps life interesting. My current favorite spot is the BH library. It is Jason's turf, which means a longer bus ride for me, but it is a sweet spot. The cafe even has gelato(!) -- small miracles. Look how happy it makes jas



He just came back with a coffee and chocolate chip cookie. This is real-time, people. The magic of technology. I have to get back to writing, and his PA boards are coming up fast, so send us some love and luck. xoxo

3 comments:

Beehave said...

Hmm, I've felt guilty about ditching our very local branch to visit the recently opened east branch of the durham library because our local branch smells, has major leaks when it rains, dirty bathrooms, an old and worn out collection, and a healthy roach population. the new branch, has, well, its clean and new but has no such perks as a cafe. I feel less guilty and spoiled now. Back to work for me, too!
Ps. when I lived in IA I loved to work at hardin library- my main draw was to get a seat by a window.
are my standards just too low?

Betsy said...

Love and Luck!

Brandy said...

hey--- that's jason! hi jason! good look with your boards! and sarah, go writer girl, go. i'd be interested in reading more... especially methods stuff, if you did that already?