Saturday, June 09, 2007

WWKIP


Lo, today is World Wide Knit in Public Day. No joke. Hard as it may be to believe, there was no scheduled event planned for the Los Angeles area. I hear that there were events planned for Portland, and that some die hard knitters were out even though it was cold and raining. Here, I recruited Ann to join me in knitting in public. We went to a movie. Alas, not much got done once the lights went down, but heck, why can't every day be knit in public day?!

...if someone had told me a year ago I'd spend this much time talking about knitting...

2 comments:

Beehave said...

I didn't hear of any KIP events here, either. Last year I took the gang over to Saxapahaw to KIP at the farmer's market. This year I knit at home on the couch watching an off color movie with my parents. euw.

Anonymous said...

i wish i could knit in the dark of a movie theater, not make too many mistakes and still pay attention to the action, but doing a "make one" without full light and concentration seems near impossible to me...maybe you should market a line of glow-in-the-dark stitch markers?