Wednesday, June 27, 2007

the rundown

When I was in grade school we had music class and there was this song that went: "june is bustin' out all over. all over the meadows and the hills. june bustin' out of bushes and the ragin' river rushes..." I can't figure out where it was taken from, but some day I imagine running into it in a late night musical on cable. (Oklahoma?)

Thinking about music... yup, today is the day. Sir Paul is making an in-store appearance at Amoeba Hollywood. Said to be his first U.S. in-store and from what I have been told his only announce gig in town, it looks to be a scene. People have been camped out on Sunset (ok, Ivar) for the last two nights. We walked by last night after dinner, but I forgot to snap a shot. He must be an icon worth seeing because we are passing up the TRANSFORMERS premiere for this guy. Good luck, John Robinson! [and thanks google image]


Man, I am not even making the once a week posting. yikes! Good thing the three of you checking are patient and forgiving :) June has proven to be a slippery little month. As the last handful of days pass I am looking back and trying to figure out where the time went. Recovery from surgery numero dos took longer than I had anticipated, but I am no longer surprised by this kind of development. This provided lots of time for knitting -- and one of these days I might even get some photos posted. I made the journey to Palo Alto for my friend Irene's moya moya surgery. She is one of the strongest women I know and she has a great supporter who has been there through months of waiting to figure out what was going wrong. Now I hope she and Soo can both look ahead to feeling better. I am waiting in growing anticipation for my dearest Carrie to give birth to what I can only assume will be the newest most beautiful baby.

While I have been grinding out pages on my dissertation, the earliest guidepost and friend, Timothy Ford, passed away suddenly. It is a real blow and a loss to many. If TKF is reading blogs in the after-life I want him to know I am taking care of the person most important to him.

1 comment:

earthmama said...

wow, sarah--thanks for the link on the moyamoya stuff. i definitely wanted to read more after you mentioned it. it sounds scary--how did she recover from the surgery, and is it helping?