Now that I have a draft of my dissertation done, I can fess up to what else I have been doing the past few weeks.




While it is public knowledge that since the start of the new year I have been camped out in the library staring down my laptop, what has gone undisclosed is that when I wasn't there I was reading the Twilight series. I know I am late to get on this bandwagon, but after finding that everyone I encountered was reading it, I was curious. And for three weeks, I was hooked. As I write this, I can also tell you that I am through the withdrawal that followed the completion of book four -- a 700+ page tome akin to the Harry Potters that grew in girth with each new installment. Now that I can relate to popular culture again it must mean it is almost time to start editing the dissertation.
A brilliant friend who mocked my tryst with Twilight (but really experienced it vicariously through plot updates) created this amazing piece:

For those of you who may be unfamiliar, that golden eyed pagan god made of marble-like skin is Edward. He is the vampire all the girls love to love.
Confession #2:
I am working the Oscars.....


1 comment:
i am just so freakin proud of you (and lexi) for completing full drafts. i wish i was right there with you. i can only imagine what it feels like until i can do it, too. food for you-- you deserve it!
Post a Comment