There are lots of reasons to love Amoeba music.It is the best record store ever, and I am rather fond of the Iowan under the stairs, but tonight I was reminded what an incredibly special place it is. There are always in-store performances, but every once in a while there is one that blows my mind just thinking about. Chrissie Hynde of The Pretenders played a 45 minute set to a full (but not capacity) store. I know it is a big city and there is a lot going on at any given moment, but it was a free show of one of the most amazing women in rock and roll. The Sex Pistol's drummer even came out to see her (!) I love that there is a place like Amoeba. And if there is one thing I love about Los Angeles -- besides free daily yoga in Runyon Canyon -- it is being able to walk to Amoeba Hollywood.


No comments:
Post a Comment