I am closing out March by working the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards 2007. It has turned out to be a really enjoyable week; I had no idea how big this event is before taking this job. I am working with talent for the days leading up to the main event -- photo ops, autograph sessions, etc. I have to admit that a part of me finds this pretty cool even if I am not up on the latest trends in kids' tv...that is to say, even if I wasn't before now. I have found that I am really more of a Nick Jr. kind of girl. I connect with the Backyardigans and know Dora & Diego. I have even learned that childhood books now come in a tv format...
[thanks Google Image]
I know Brandy is out there waiting for more Oscar pics, but I am so far behind in posting that I may just have to come visit and bring some over! There has been knitting too...
This is the down-side of feeling better and getting busier (relatively speaking). Actually, as down-sides go, I'll take it! March was the month to get through where I was concerned. I marked all of the anniversaries -- into surgery, out of ICU, out of hospital, home to Los Angeles, last ER visit -- and with a year behind me I am ready to be back in the world.
Hey, I am finding there are still jobs to do (and the diss to write)!


1 comment:
Yes, I'm still here waiting. And if you feel like traveling HELL YES COME VISIT :) I think it's great that you've made it through your anniversaries and are now on the healing stretch, but physically and emotionally. Working must really make you feel a part of the world again. Ugh, dissertations. I don't know about you, but the more time goes by the less I care about it. I will finish it because I'm stubborn, but after you experience other "life" things, it just seems so....in the past.
Sigh.
Post a Comment