
Carrie, my dear friend who came all the way from Iowa to do my dishes, left yesterday to return home. What else needs to be said about someone who does your dishes before catching a flight? pure gold.
I am impatient. I am skipping the logical step of introducing this blog and its purpose because I lack the patience it takes to sort out what this blog-effort is all about. Actually, I know the odds are good I'll never get started if I wait until I know what I am doing, and one of the points in setting it up was to just start writing. Writing anything. I have been more or less home-bound for six months now because of health problems and I have gotten a little stuck. I just celebrated the two month marker following my pulmonary thromboendarterectomy (PTE) surgery, and even though I was told that recovery would be long and slow, I underestimated what that means. Since I can't seem to bring myself to write my Ph.D. dissertation, or thank you cards, or long-overdue letters/emails, I am giving this blog a shot. Until I figure out what it is for, it is therapy to re-connect with writing.


2 comments:
i love that you took a photo of the dishes.
i hope that the blog does become a way to reconnect with writing, or just another outlet for what you're thinking and feeling.
i, for one, am excited that you're doing this. maybe it's just a comforting reminder of when we lived in the same place and saw each other almost daily, ran errands together, hung out in each others' homes, and shared the little details that make up so much of our everyday lives.
i don't think blogs are meant for the huge revelations, but the small delights, frustrations, musings. it's for the people who care enough to want to know that you went out for ice cream last night or are really annoyed by the new black leggings trend or saw a crazy-looking cloud.
it doesn't have to be brilliant, but it probably will be because *you* are doing it.
xo,
c
sarah,
I thought my blog would be a lofty commentary on the world, I think this maybe why I am having severe blog-rot.
Carrie's view of the blog makes much more sense to me.
Hope to see more of your postings - pretty impressive that your blog name reaches beyond the confines of the title box!
love you and miss you very much
Post a Comment